Sanctuary is a Spirit-filled interdenominational church in voluntary fellowship with the Louisiana Assemblies of God and the LaSalle Parish Ministerial Alliance. What does that mean? We come from various Christian denominations and backgrounds but we show tolerance for one another in love and agree to preserve the unity of the Spirit until Christ returns. In order that we might work in unity to spread the Gospel we agree on a list of fundamental Christian truths. Further, our pastoral team believes in submitting to authority to guard doctrine, maintain accountability, and network for the purpose of education, fellowship, and kingdom mission.
Whether you are Baptist, Pentecostal, Assemblies of God, or never grew up in church, you are welcome to be a member and even serve at Sanctuary. (for a detailed copy with scriptures, please email our office)
1. The Scriptures are inspired by God
2. There is only one true God
3. Jesus is both God and man. He was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, died on the cross, rose from the dead, sits at the right hand of God, and is soon returning.
4. Humanity is a fallen race in need of salvation
5. God’s plan of salvation is completed through the life, death, resurrection, and return of Jesus Christ.
6. Christ commanded water baptism and the Lord’s supper as signs of devotion and worship that unite us.
7. Every believer is filled with the Holy Spirit at salvation, but the Early Church also experienced a Baptism in the Spirit that is available for all believers still today.
8. The Book of Acts demonstrates the initial evidence of a Spiritual baptism as initially speaking in an unknown language by the Spirit’s ability and being filled with power to witness of Christ.
9. Sanctification is the process of being holy, or separated to the purpose of God. This occurs both at the moment of salvation and throughout our lives and is done by God’s Spirit alone.
10. The Church is comprised of every believer and divinely called leaders who are each called to preach the Gospel and make disciples.
12. Divine healing and miracles are still available today, just as in the New Testament.
13. Jesus will return to gather His faithful followers, the Church, suddenly and at any moment. Together, both the living and the dead saints, will meet Christ in the air at His coming.
14. Christ will visibly return, defeating Satan, the Antichrist, and nations of man and will reign through the nation of Israel for 1,000 years, bringing peace.
15. There will be a final judgment and those who are not found written in the Book of Life will be sentenced to everlasting punishment. Those who have repented and loved Christ by faith will enter into eternal life.
16. There will be a new heaven and a new earth created by God and the old earth and matter will pass away.
*Marriage is an exclusive life-long relationship between a man and a woman and testifies to Christ’s love for His Church. The alternative is celibacy for the kingdom of heaven’s sake.
*All human life is a precious gift by God to be protected, respected and preserved, from the womb through old age.