What We Believe
Sanctuary is a interdenominational church. What does that mean? We may come from various Christian denominations and even differ on minor Biblical interpretations, but we agree on a list of foundational Christian truths that foster unity and help us complete God’s mission. Our goal is to be kingdom-focused, cooperating and networking with all churches who are building and advancing God’s kingdom.
1. The Scriptures are Inspired
2. There is only one true God
3. Jesus is both God and man. He was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, died on the cross, rose from the dead, sits at the right hand of God, and is soon returning.
4. Humanity is a fallen race in need of salvation
5. God’s plan of salvation is completed through the life, death, resurrection, and return of Jesus Christ.
6. The evidence of salvation is the sanctification of the believer by the Holy Spirit, both inwardly and outwardly.
7. The Baptism and gifts of the Holy Spirit are available for all believers
8. God still performs miracles and divine healing today.
9. Baptism in water and communion are commanded in Scripture as the ordinances of the church.
10. The Church is comprised of every believer and divinely called leaders who are each called to preach the Gospel and make disciples.
11. Marriage is an exclusive life-long relationship between a man and a woman and testifies to Christ’s love for His Church. The alternative is celibacy for the kingdom of heaven’s sake.
12. The dead will be resurrected and those that are alive will be raptured at the second coming of Christ.
13. There will be a final judgment and those who are not found written in the Book of Life will be sentenced to everlasting punishment.
14. There will be a new heaven and a new earth.